Subject: YTSEJAM digest 462
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
Re: bad traders (Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>)
Re: Fates Warning?  Help! (Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>)
RE: Fates Warning (email_address_removed.de)
Re: Fates Warning? Help! (Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>)
new DT boot??? (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
TAPE TRADERS FAQ INFO (PROUD EMPLOYEE OF THE CCSU MICRO/MAC LABS <email_address_removed>)
What? (email_address_removed)
FW (email_address_removed)
Re: Just a Reminder (Garrett M Sanborne <email_address_removed>)
Re: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24 (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
Re: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24 (Ken Bibb <email_address_removed>)
shirts (email_address_removed (Pat Daugherty))
Re: TAPE TRADERS FAQ INFO (Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>)
Japanese transciption book (BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 00:45:52 -0700 (MST)
From: Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: bad traders

> I want to have a list of people who have, well, basically, screwed you
> in a trade...  I have already mentioned this to alot of the people
> that I trade wioth, and fortunatly, have not come up with too many
> people, but there are some... and I would like to be able to warn
> other traders out there before they setup trades with these people...

	I hate to mention it, since he seemed like a cool guy, but I did 
two trades with Steve Reuter (email_address_removed) within a week (arranged 
the second trade before either of us got the mail from the first) and 
this was back in May... and still nothing. And my mail goes BOING! I hope 
Steve can explain what went on... I'd hate to think he didn't send the 
tapes along. There were quite a few of them.

Mike/email_address_removed/email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 01:34:24 -0700 (MST)
From: Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: Fates Warning?  Help!

Quick Fates Warning question:

	I found a red-vinyl square Fates Warning RECORD at a local shop, 
with Anarchy Divine on it. It's clear red vinyl with a weird graphic of a 
hallway behind it. On the back are all these praises of FW. Is this a 
collector's item or a piece of shit? Anyone seen it? Should I transcribe 
the stuff on the back for y'all?

Mike/email_address_removed/email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 13:57:12 +0100
From: email_address_removed.de
Subject: RE: Fates Warning

I think it's good to start with NO EXIT ,too. Then get PERFECT SYMMETRY
They've reached the climax with that album I think.
Something I always liked to say is:
 DONT BYE PARALLELS !!!
If you compare it to the two albums mentioned before it is completely
different. I dont like it because the songs sound very similar.
In my opinion it is a very boring album. There are some good songs on it
for example : Point Of View , but 1 or 2 good songs isn't much enough for
a whole album.
The second thing I'd like to say is:
 DONT BYE INSIDE OUT !!!
I got the album on monday and it really sounds like PARALLELS.
If you listen to it carefully you'll also hear nearly some same riffs
they have used on PARALLELS. I had to wait 'til the 9th song to enjoy
the music just a little bit (the 9th song is great).
 I think there is really a break in FW musical style that started with
PARALLELS. The music isn't that diverse anymore and I think if you
listen to Ray Alder he doesn't sing in that kind anymore he used to
sing on PS or NE.

What do you think about the case ?
I'd been a very big fan of FW   now I am very disappointed !
Am I the only one who thinks so ?

                                 (sorry for my bad english)
                                         Andi
                                    Andreas Richter
                                    email_address_removed.de

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 10:37:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Fates Warning? Help!

If it's energy you're looking for, Fates Warning may not be for you. Not
recent Fates Warning, anyway. Not that it's dull, or slow, or anything,
but it's more likely to depress you than to make you feel energetic.
However, Awaken the Guardian (their 3rd CD) might very well be the kinda
thing you're looking for. Also, if you like Maiden, a lot of people say
early Fates (especially Night on Brocken, their first) sounds a lot like
Maiden. I don't hear it, myself, mainly because I don't listen to that
CD very much, I think.

But anyway, I think Awaken the Guardian would be your best bet. The more
recent CDs are musically excellent, but may not be what you're looking
for.

max
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if the band I'm in starts playing different tunes
You'll see me on the dark side of the moon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. I need a drummer, bad. Mail me for info.

oh yeah, and check out http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/sb7h/home

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 11:19:18 -0500 (EDT)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: new DT boot???

Hi all...  I was wondering of any of you have ever heard of this disc
listed below...  I have ordered a batch of CDs from CDC in Germany
with a group of people from another mailing list, and the guy
menti0oned that he got a new catalog from them, and it has this in
it...  I already asked for more info, such as date, location, CD
company, etc...  Anyway, anyone ever see it???

> P.S. Of possible interest to you, the new catalog only lists one new
> Dream Theater disc, _Live Images_ USA 1993.
> 

-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|		   This world is spinning around me		       |
|		  This world is spinning without me		       |
|		    Every day sends future to past		       |
|	      Every breath leaves me one less to my last	       |
|	Dream Theater	    Pull Me Under	Images and Words       |
|	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
For info about Dream Theater, finger email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 14:14:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: PROUD EMPLOYEE OF THE CCSU MICRO/MAC LABS <email_address_removed>
Subject: TAPE TRADERS FAQ INFO

Some of us on the net have though it would be a good idea to 
write up a FAQ (frequently asked questions) concerning tape
trading on the internet. topics could include audio to
video ratios, types of tapes, shipping methods, ettiquette,etc.

I know alot of you out there are experienced in this sort of thing
and I am going to be taking submissions for the FAQ for the next
couple of weeks. Hopefully I can finalize this before the fallsemester
in time for the New batch of freshman with accounts....

please send all submissions to 

email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 15:49:19 -0500 (EST)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: What?

>My address is Nuclearant aaron,  I'm on aol.   Hope that helps.

No offense, but what the hell does this mean?

KAI

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:08:43 -0500 (EST)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: FW

Are the pre-perfect symmetry albums still readily available in the states, or
is this going to be another 5 year task to attain them?  Anyone know where I
can get them for cheap?

KAI

email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 18:10:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Garrett M Sanborne <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: Just a Reminder

On Mon, 18 Jul 1994, Greg Big Brother Lee wrote:
> > "What do you think they would say, if I stood up, and I walked away? Nobody  
> >  here really understands me."
> >                                     -----Blind Melon-----
> > Aaron
> 
> 	Aaron...you a truly a brave person, putting Blind Melon quotes out
> for Ytsejam readers to see!
> 
> Greg.

	We've been through this, let's drop it before a huge thread starts.
Ok?  Ok.
		Gman
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
|       Garrett M. Sanborne              email_address_removed           |
|                                        email_address_removed          |
|  "Do what you love, the rest comes."     "Huh huh .. drums are cool."   |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 21:21:18 -0500 (EDT)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24

> Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 22:12:49 -0700
> From: Ken Bibb <email_address_removed>
> Subject: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24
> 
> 
> The Ytsejam mailing list will be moving next Sunday to its new home.
> It will be down for an unknown period of time while it is moving
> (probably during Sunday afternoon).  It will come back up as:
> 
> 	[email-masked]		The list
> 	[email-masked]	The automated administrator
> 	[email-masked]	The unautomated administrator
> 
> If you run into trouble using these addresses, you can reach me at
> email_address_removed or email_address_removed
> 
WEll, if I am not the 1 millionth person to ask already...  Are we
going to have oto resubscribe, or will the subscrition list be moved?  

-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|		   This world is spinning around me		       |
|		  This world is spinning without me		       |
|		    Every day sends future to past		       |
|	      Every breath leaves me one less to my last	       |
|	Dream Theater	    Pull Me Under	Images and Words       |
|	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
For info about Dream Theater, finger email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 18:21:41 -0700
From: Ken Bibb <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24

> From email_address_removed  Tue Jul 19 18:17:28 1994
> 
> > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 22:12:49 -0700
> > From: Ken Bibb <email_address_removed>
> > Subject: ytsejam moving next Sunday 7/24
> > 
> > 
> > The Ytsejam mailing list will be moving next Sunday to its new home.
> > It will be down for an unknown period of time while it is moving
> > (probably during Sunday afternoon).  It will come back up as:
> > 
> > 	[email-masked]		The list
> > 	[email-masked]	The automated administrator
> > 	[email-masked]	The unautomated administrator
> > 
> > If you run into trouble using these addresses, you can reach me at
> > email_address_removed or email_address_removed
> 
> WEll, if I am not the 1 millionth person to ask already...  Are we
> going to have oto resubscribe, or will the subscrition list be moved?  

Actually, you're the first that I've seen (I haven't been reading ytsejam
recently).

The list will move, you won't need to resubscribe.  If you stop seeing
list activity, email me at email_address_removed and I'll fix your address
(important:  emailing me at arastar lets me use your mail headers to fix
the problem, so please don't email me here unless you haven't received a
response at arastar.com.)

The move of email_address_removed seems to have gone quite smoothly, your move will
hopefully be as nice.

--
Ken Bibb		"Sprayed by a moonbeam through Linden leaves
email_address_removed	 Cast in a shadow of anonymity"
email_address_removed	 	--Fish "Jumpsuit City"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 22:09 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Pat Daugherty)
Subject: shirts

Yeah, what is the deal with the shirts? I thought Jason was the list owner,
but Ken Bibb posted the new ytsejam address. He didn't bug out with all
our money did he?

Pat Daugherty             email_address_removed
July 26-Fates Warning-Inside Out** August 16-Tesla-Bust A Nut
August 23-Queensryche-The Promised Land**Sep 6-Savatage-Handful of Rain
      ************ October 4-DREAM THEATER-Awake ************

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 22:17:55 -0700 (MST)
From: Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: TAPE TRADERS FAQ INFO

> Some of us on the net have though it would be a good idea to 
> write up a FAQ (frequently asked questions) concerning tape
> trading on the internet. topics could include audio to
> video ratios, types of tapes, shipping methods, ettiquette,etc.

	(Butt-head voice): YES!!! YES!!! YES! YES! YES!

> I know alot of you out there are experienced in this sort of thing
> and I am going to be taking submissions for the FAQ for the next
> couple of weeks. Hopefully I can finalize this before the fallsemester
> in time for the New batch of freshman with accounts....

	A few things:

1. The use of anything other than high-grade tape and recording equipment 
is a big "No."
2. The use of non-priority mail in the USA, or non-airmail international, 
is another big "No."
3. Huge delays are a bigger "No."
4. Saying audience and FM shows are Soundboards is the biggest "No!"

	I hope others will throw in their peeves... witha  little back 
and forth, we can arrive at some good guidelines. I think the above ones 
of mine are good starting points.

	I have other peeves, but I'm not so hard about them because they 
aren't easy for many people. For example: not including setlists... I 
like the liners most people use, awesome!!! But at least include a list 
on paper or something...

Mike/email_address_removed/email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 23:14:59 -0600 (MDT)
From: BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>
Subject: Japanese transciption book

How can I get this transcription book for Japan?  Is there a way I
can order it from a company, or maybe the store you found it at?
-Adam
email_address_removed

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************