Subject: YTSEJAM digest 460
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
Re: Awake (email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh))
Re: SIX O'CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (email_address_removed (Chris White))
Re:  video bootTales in the Dark (email_address_removed (Chris White))
Re: Just a Reminder (Aaron Lafferty <email_address_removed>)
Re: Cynic (email_address_removed)
Queensryche (Ilan Jeffrey Zuk <email_address_removed>)
Re: Cynic, DT, rack (email_address_removed)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 1994 02:23:12 PDT
From: email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh)
Subject: Re: Awake

About the 11th Hour Garrett, it would be close to the 6 minute mark and
then close to the 7 minute mark...  I'll have to check the time more
accurately... 

-The Doc

-- 
#$%*#$*@   Real: email_address_removed + Virtual: email_address_removed    *@#$*@#$
*#$*@#$*  The Dream Theater Archives: ftp.netcom.com: /pub/drkhoe/dt   &*@#$*@$
**%^$#$%    WWW: "ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/drkhoe/www/dthome.html"     #$**@#*$
*$*$*$*#      Reality Enhancement Software - Engineering Reality       *$&#*#@$

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 13:04:38 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Chris White)
Subject: Re: SIX O'CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> btw, max and I are having trouble getting our bass player into FW. Since
> they're a big influence (on me, at least), what do you suggest we do? 
> what would you consider, for you, to be the quintessential fates warning
> song from each album, that we should force him to listen to until his
> ears bleed? I vote for:
 
[...]
 
> prls: leave the past behind
 
On Parallels, my favorite song would have to be "We Always Say Goodbye".  I
listen to that song over and over, it's great :)
       Chris

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 13:43:17 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Chris White)
Subject: Re:  video bootTales in the Dark

  Hiya.  Looks like a cool video!  (I love Status Seeker, and it's hard to
find it played anywhere :)  Do you think there's any chance that I
could get a copy of it?  Let me know? :)
         Chris

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 1994 16:07:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Aaron Lafferty <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: Just a Reminder

Your address is what?

-- 
"What do you think they would say, if I stood up, and I walked away? Nobody  
 here really understands me."
                                    -----Blind Melon-----

Aaron

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 1994 17:59:39 -0500 (EST)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Cynic

Hey all,
	With as much as everyone's been talking about Cynic, I want to get a 
hold of their album to play on the air.  So if anyone knows how to get a hold
of this band, please provide me with their address.

KAI
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 1994 23:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ilan Jeffrey Zuk <email_address_removed>
Subject: Queensryche

I realize that this is a DT newsgroup, but I was wondering if anyone had 
any info on Queensryche's new album (i.e., release dates, tour dates, etc).

Thanks.

------------------------------

Date: 	Mon, 18 Jul 1994 02:37:00 -0400
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Cynic, DT, rack

Hi, this is the first time I have ever posted to anywhere, so please tell
me of any breach of netiquette (i.e. lengthy post).
I live in Japan so have access to some stuff that is not readily available
elsewhere.
  I've had the Cynic album for a while and would not really recommend it to
DT fans.  They have an instantly appealing sound but despite the album title,
they seem to lack 'Focus'.  'Textures' starts off very King Crimson like
(discipline - must be the stick) then does a few clean Vai-type doodles then
alternates between distorted bits and clean without (IMO) much continuity
(and the distorted tone ain't that good).  I quite like 'Veil of Maya'.
The alternation of clean fusion/death is interesting but the clean vocals
are processed to make them sound 'computery' and are simple/similar, a far
cry from JL.  They did an earlier version of 'Uroboric forms' (what?) on a
compilation 'At Death's Door II' which was almost completely death and
a highlight of that album - which is why I bought 'Focus'.  Their address
is 'CYNIC, P.O. Box 430114 Miami, FL 33143'.  I like the drums.  The cover -
well, what is the female equivalent of phallic???
   Death ... anybody read the latest review in rec.whatever.thrash?  The
guy describes a 'progressive death' band and says its not like DT because
DT are 'EFFETE'.  (I find PMU heavier than most death - its the muting).
   Rack ... I thought JP has one of the best rack usage I have heard.  How
does he get the stereo on LAM?  There are so many patches he uses.  WOW.
   DT ...  I don't know if you know ... there are complete album
transcriptions available here in Japan for I&W and also WDADU, all parts.
The guitar is ok - the bass is crap - 4 lines when I've seen Myung use
6 strings in concert,  I can't really comment on drums & keys.  In PMU one
of the keyboard parts is transcribed on guitar - but all rhythm changes
& stuff are there.
   Does anyone know a Brazilian band in the Helloween tradition called
'Angra' - this is more what I would assume DT fans would like than Cynic,
much greater compositional ability, great voice, widdly soloing, has a
naff intro though but good production (Kai Hansen studios).

Martin.

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************