Subject: YTSEJAM digest 456
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
New Rush Video Montage! (Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>)
Re:  (William T Bajzek <[email-masked]>)
Re: Sharps (email_address_removed)
Re: Petrucci's Rack (SANBORNE%email_address_removed)
AOL (email_address_removed (Christopher Carrol Simmons))
Unsubscribe ytsejam (email_address_removed (Steven Ray))
Re: video bootTales in the Dark (email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee))
Re: video bootTales in the Dark (Douglas Merrell <email_address_removed>)
Missing boot info (email_address_removed)
AOL (email_address_removed)
sharps (email_address_removed)
Re: Sharps (email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh))
Re: FAQ Additions (Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>)
Re: New Rush Video Montage! (BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 23:24:16 -0700 (MST)
From: Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>
Subject: New Rush Video Montage!

Hi everyone on Ytsejam!! Can't wait till October 4th (Awakening Day)

In the meantime, I wanted to thank the list for the TREMENDOUS response 
on the Neil Peart Solo Montage I put together... in the last three months 
it's been available, I have logged > 31 < copies made of it, which of 
course meant 31 instances of a free blank or a good bootleg trade, a good 
number any way you look at it! :) I hope you all got it fairly quickly, 
and enjoyed the drumming!

Now it's time for me to make another montage, I think (since we're all on 
vigil for the new DT album, and yes, Neil's tape will still be available) 
and I'd like the list's opinion on what it should be. I plan to make it a 
Video montage, probably of Rush, as I'm waiting till the Awake tour to 
make a DT compilation. Instead of sending everyone on a blank tape hunt, 
I'm likely to simply charge a low price for each copy (we're talking 
something like $6.00 each for VHS or $12.00 for Super VHS) and stuff a 
tape CHOCK FULL of material.

The question is: WHAT KIND of material!??

I firts thought about doing a Neil Drum Solo video, with his solos on 
video from everywhere I could find them. This is good, but it dosen't 
lend itself to much variety. Then I was going to do a "best of, live" 
sort of things, but I'm just not sure how that would work.

My idea is this,. let me know what youall think of it...

Have a Rush tape that contains, beginning to end, rare and unreleased 
Rush videos, quick spots, performance highlights, TV clips and TV 
interview spots, and related miscellany.

Highlights I'm thinking of right away include the Anthem/Fly By Night 
videos, the early live TV shots (when you see my new low-gen copy of Don 
Kirchner you'll pick your jaw up off the floor) some shots of Rush VERY 
STONED in older TV spots, TV specials (really funky to hear how they 
treated Rush's new efforts from a media point of view), some pro-shot 
performance highlights from 1978, 79, 82, 90, and 94... and a few odds 
and ends here and there. It'll also definitely include Rush's newer 
videos, including the rare The Pass, in crystal clear stereo video.

I now have TWO S-VHS VCR's to do the copying, and a fantastic video setup 
with DSP enhancement, so the quality of the video is limited only by that 
of the source... and my source stuff is generally pretty good for this 
sort of Rush material. 

What do y'all think? At the very least, post your commentary (or ideas 
ideas ideas) and we'll kill some time before the release of Awake! :)

Mike/email_address_removed/email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 08:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: William T Bajzek <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: 

Excerpts from ytsejam: 12-Jul-94  by email_address_removed 
> Hi, 
> a question perhaps asked thousands of times before:
> What is the sound-quality of the official DT video
> like???
>  
> I saw two tracks on HBB and the sound was extremely
> poor :-<
> it was overloaded by bass and drums and Petrucci's
> guitar sounded like straight out of the trashcan.
>  
> Has the whole video such a lack of sharpness in its
> sounding or was it a matter of the HEADBBALL (or my
> stamp-like TV:-))?

Live in Tokyo sounds pretty good. Get it

btw, DT WERE ON HBB??????? Liar!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 09:06:31 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Sharps

James Studnicki writes:
//Sorry, myself and more than a few others thought it was an interesting and 
intelligent thread.//

Me, too!

//Typical AOL single-minded ignorance.//

C'mon, Jim. No need to bring the rest of us AOL'ers in on this!
I could be just as accurate and say, "Typical .edu single-
minded ignorance" 'cause, as you know, there are all types on 
the 'net. Let's be nice...

Dr. Mosh writes:
//All you AOL geeks are getting on my nerves...  all you do is complain...
we all already know how the internet views you people from AOL, so why
don't you all just shut the hell up...//

Sorry, Doc, but *I'm* not a geek. I've been on the internet for
sometime now and not just on AOL. I think that Godsize de-
served every bit of the various flames he got, but throughout
my time here and elsewhere I've always tried to treat every-
one else, no matter what their opinions or attitudes, with
respect. The least you could do is give people like me on AOL
who follow the proper netiquitte some credit for NOT acting
like idiots.

Godsize writes:
//Well Doc or should I just call you DICK//

C'mon, God, I really hate it when guys get on here JUST to be
provocative and call names. Yeah, we're not on here just to
make nice-nice with everyone but why waste all that energy?
Is it really worth it? I've you don't want to read about sharps
and flats, here's the solution: Don't read them. That's it. 
Simple. Move on to the next message. It might be easier if you
get the digest and not the bounce version. 

If you guys want to put tabs and transcriptions, that's fine 
with me. I just skip 'em. Besides, virtually everything here IS
DT related, so why all the complaining?

Bret Linford (real name;-))

------------------------------

Date: 13 JUL 94 06:42   
From: SANBORNE%email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Petrucci's Rack

        This is directed to all the guitarists out there: what exactly
is a mesa/boogie ??? This has been bugging me.  I don't want a rundown
of what everyone owns, just a description of what it is.  Sounds strange.
I'm not a guitarist, so I have no clue about it.  Ask me about drums,
there I can help.  By the way, YES this does have to do with DT because
Petrucci uses them!!! ;-)

        Gman
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Garrett M. Sanborne     Tredy A29/C    A-Mail: <SANBORNE @ TRPROGD>
   A Series Support          Internet: home: email_address_removed
   Voice:(610)644-4438               office: sanborne%trprogd@mpa15ab.
         net2:385-4438                           mv-oc.unisys.com
         >>>>>>>> The above opinions are mine alone <<<<<<<<
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 09:17:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: email_address_removed (Christopher Carrol Simmons)
Subject: AOL

All right, this AOL vs Internet, and vice versa, is getting very, very
old. All of you are being stupid. None of you are any better than the
rest. First, Mr. AOL-Godguy. In the future please ask, not demand. Second,
Interneters, AOL is here and they are going to stay, so get used to it.
******************************************************************************
email_address_removed     "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
email_address_removed               "I think so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so." 
******************************************************************************

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 08:21:18 -0600 (MDT)
From: email_address_removed (Steven Ray)
Subject: Unsubscribe ytsejam

Well I tried to avoid posting this to the list, but the listserver
will not allow me to unsubscribe to an old account, etc.

unsubscribe email_address_removed ytsejam

can some list admin do this or tell me how.

STeven

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 10:25:02 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee)
Subject: Re: video bootTales in the Dark

> I just got this over the weekend.
> 
> video boot Tales in the Dark
> Live at RPM, Toronto 7-20-93 100 minutes
> Metropolis
> under a glass moon
> a fortune in lies
> wait for sleep
> surrounded
> instrumental
> take the time
> to live forever
> instrumental
> status seeker
> another day
> pull me under
> 
> encore
> instrumental
> learning to live
> 
> --Pat Daugherty
> email_address_removed

Hey Pat...Where do I get a copy of this!!!  I was at that show, about 3 rows
of people back in dead centre!  I'd love to check it out...

Later!

Greg.
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 15:31:10 EDT
From: Douglas Merrell <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: video bootTales in the Dark

[stuff deleted]

> encore
> instrumental
> learning to live
> 
> as you can see i don't know the names of the instrumentals
> 
> also James is married cause he says his fathere and wife are in the sudience
> 
> 
> --Pat Daugherty
> email_address_removed
> 

Pat,

   I would say that the one in the encore could be Ytse Jam.  I would hope
that YJ would be very noticeable, though. :)  If it's not the one on the
When Dream and Day Unite or Live at Marquee, then I'm stumped.

  The improv jam, Bombay Vindaloo, is on LAM, and the group instrumental,
Ytse Jam, is on both WDADU and LAM.

  I hope this helps. :-^>
D.merrell

p.s.: where did you get that rare live video.  at import store or some other?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 16:25:56 -0500 (EST)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Missing boot info

I need a couple of things cleared up about some bootlegs.

First, is March of the Tyrant on LitS ?  I heard it was in an instrumental
version, but the ftp bootleg list does not include it.  Could someone please
check this out, and if it is the case, could MikeB please update the boot list?

Next, the boot list indicates that Vital Star is on Classics Live.  Is this 
true?  Assuming true, is it a live version w/Labrie on vocals, or is it just
the Majesty demo version tacked on the end?  Does anyone have this bootleg?

I was also very dissappointed to find out that the last four songs on Live
in Long Island (Majesty tunes) were not live w/Labrie.  I guess I shouldn't
have gotten my hopes up.  Are these songs different in any way, shape, or form
from the Majesty '86 demo versions?  This may also be a good idea to include 
in the boot list.

One last thing about the boot list.  The demos section is rather confusing.
I'm not sure what songs are on what demos.  I think there are 3 Majesty demos,
'86,'87,'88, and DT demo(s).  If anyone knows exactly what tunes are on which
demos, could you please make it public info. so that it can be updated on the
bootlist.  I can't even tell how many DT demo tapes are floating out there.

I don't mean to scream at you Mike, so whenever you have the time, please 
update.

Thanks everyone,
KAI

email_address_removed 
'86,'

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 17:25:10 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: AOL

>  All you AOL geeks are getting on my nerves...  all you do is
>  complain... we all already know how the internet views you people
>  from AOL, so why don't you all just shut the hell up...

You can just knock this simple-minded shit off right now.  NO ONE has the
right to say anything about how anyone else is accessing the net.  

I've seen too many newsgroups and mailing lists messed up by bitching between
people who think their site makes them more blessed by God than other people.

Just because you pay a small tech fee to your school (as I do, but I moved
and now have to access it long distance - hence my AOL account) or log on
when your boss isn't looking. . .oh, never mind.

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING TRIP.

Love, Mike 

P.S.  Don't bother responding - ytsejam doesn't need the traffic and I won't
burn any more bandwidth on the subject.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 21:07:50 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: sharps

Guys I would like to say that I am sorry about the cracks I made about you
for talking about sharps and flats.  I acted a bit hastily.  Please take my
apology seriously.
Us DT fans should stick together.

Sincerely

Godsize

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 18:41:08 PDT
From: email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh)
Subject: Re: Sharps

Don't worry about the AOL geeks such as godsize... they complain cause
they haven't figured out how to delete messages yet!!!

Meanwhile...  I'm sorry to have to waste bandwidth with this flame, this
shall be the last, but I'm sure it won't be from the AOL size since they
haven't figured out how to discern from the ytsejam mailer and the
originator...

-The Doc

-- 
#$%*#$*@   Real: email_address_removed + Virtual: email_address_removed    *@#$*@#$
*#$*@#$*  The Dream Theater Archives: ftp.netcom.com: /pub/drkhoe/dt   &*@#$*@$
**%^$#$%    WWW: "ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/drkhoe/www/dthome.html"     #$**@#*$
*$*$*$*#      Reality Enhancement Software - Engineering Reality       *$&#*#@$

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 21:01:39 -0700 (MST)
From: Michael Bahr <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: FAQ Additions

> > LSIAD - Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
> > CIAW  - Caught In A Web
> > AMBI  - A Mind Beside Itself
> 
> Why are these abbreviations in the FAQ?  I looked thru it for some
> possible info on them, but there wasn't any.  How disappointing! :)
> Are these going to be the singles off the album or what?  Fill
> us in, Mike!

	You'll find the info on them in section 0 - New And Frequently 
Changing Information. They are going to be on Dream Theater's new album 
"Awake", release date October 4th. Since I'm not about to go quoting 
those long song titles again and again when discussion starts up about 
their meanings.... I decided to go ahead and abbreviate.

> BTW, shouldn't it be LSOAD rather than LSIAD?

	Opps!!! I biffed. Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Mike/email_address_removed/email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 23:31:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: New Rush Video Montage!

Hey, man!  Go for it!  I'd totally get one from you!  Is that $6.00
with postage and handling?
-Adam
email_address_removed

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************