Subject: YTSEJAM digest 446
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
ytsejam shirts???? (hartman larry <email_address_removed>)
dt shirts (hartman larry <email_address_removed>)
Re: ytsejam shirts???? (Tymoteusz Altman <[email-masked]>)
unsubscribe ([email-masked])
SHIRTS And SHIT (email_address_removed)
case for Lost in The Sky (hartman larry <email_address_removed>)
How to unsubscribe (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
RE: DT and Ayn Rand (email_address_removed)
Looking For Trades (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
LATM (Andrew Cloninger <email_address_removed>)
Re: SHIRTS And SHIT (Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>)
unsubscribe (MARK JOHNS <email_address_removed>)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 02:18:25 -0500 (EDT)
From: hartman larry <email_address_removed>
Subject: ytsejam shirts????

Is there any new word on the ytsejam shirts?  I sent in my 15 bucks and
my check was cashed but no shirt.  The main reason I got the shirt was 
because it was gonna have glow in the dark letters.  Now I here that we
are not gonna have them on the shirt.  What a bummer.

Second topic..

I know that more of you must have heard the DT radio show or gotten a
tape of it by now.  Lets here about it!  How was the new song?  Any other
news we should know?

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 02:40:37 -0500 (EDT)
From: hartman larry <email_address_removed>
Subject: dt shirts

Forwarded message:
>From email_address_removed Mon Jul  4 02:18:36 1994
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 02:18:28 -0400
From: <email_address_removed>
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
Message-Id: <email_address_removed>
To: email_address_removed
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="CAA02603.773302708/umbc9.umbc.edu"

This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--CAA02603.773302708/umbc9.umbc.edu

The original message was received at Mon, 4 Jul 1994 02:18:26 -0400
from lhartm1@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
]  (unrecoverable error)

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mailhub1.gl.umbc.edu.:
>>> RCPT To:<email_address_removed>
<<< 550 <email_address_removed>... User unknown
550 ]... User unknown

   ----- Original message follows -----

--CAA02603.773302708/umbc9.umbc.edu
Content-Type: message/rfc822

From: <email_address_removed>
Subject: ytsejam shirts????
To: email_address_removed
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 02:18:25 -0500 (EDT)
Cc: email_address_removed
Content-Length: 454       

Is there any new word on the ytsejam shirts?  I sent in my 15 bucks and
my check was cashed but no shirt.  The main reason I got the shirt was 
because it was gonna have glow in the dark letters.  Now I here that we
are not gonna have them on the shirt.  What a bummer.

Second topic..

I know that more of you must have heard the DT radio show or gotten a
tape of it by now.  Lets here about it!  How was the new song?  Any other
news we should know?

--CAA02603.773302708/umbc9.umbc.edu--

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 01:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tymoteusz Altman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ytsejam shirts????

> 
> 
> Is there any new word on the ytsejam shirts?  I sent in my 15 bucks and
> my check was cashed but no shirt.  The main reason I got the shirt was 
> because it was gonna have glow in the dark letters.  Now I here that we
> are not gonna have them on the shirt.  What a bummer.
> 
jason posted a message that everyone who ordered a shirt should send him
some mail so he can put you on a mailing list about the shirts.
there were some problems, and we were asked to vote on a couple of issues...
it turns out that the glow in the dark will be part of the shirt as before,
but there will also be a black shirt with white lettering (and the GItD
quote)...is this correct Jason?

anyways...just mail your e-mail address to jason...and he will keep you
upto date. 

PS...He is doing a wonderful job (even though there were some problems)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 94 09:25:09 BST
From: [email-masked]
Subject: unsubscribe

unsubscribe [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 01:37:49 -0700
From: email_address_removed
Subject: SHIRTS And SHIT

Jason and I are working on getting this ytsejam shirt thing worked 
out. So, they are in PROGress and will be done as soon as possible! Also,
I think the glow in the dark lettering WILL be on the shirt, so don't
fear everyone!

Just wondering-- I assume that Killing Hand and Fortune in Lies from LatM
are on the first LP. Query: does the first singer do a better or worse job
than LaBrie IYHO?  I like LaBrie's versions, and since I don't have the
first LP, I can't picture anyone else singing it. Is the first album
worth getting, or am I only setting myself up for disappointment in that it
has a different singer (ie. he sucks)?  Thanks for the input!

Laters,

jason
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 09:13:31 -0500 (EDT)
From: hartman larry <email_address_removed>
Subject: case for Lost in The Sky

Hey, Mike I just read your post about making a case for the Lost in the
Sky boot.  I did the same thing right after I got it.  I bought one of
those 2 discs in one regular box things, like the box Dance of Eternity 
comes in.  I then took the new jewel box and the original LitS packaging
to Office Depot where my girlfriend works.  She works in the Copy Center
where they have tons of machines for making copies including color copiers.
I took the front cover of LitS and compressed it horizontaly and made it
the front cover of the jewel box.  I think took the track listings from
the back and put Disc1 inside the front cover and the listing for Disc 2
inside the back cover.  For the actual back cover I had copied the 
"Dream Theater
Lost in the Sky"
from the back of the box, but when I made it the right size, it was
way to compressed and really hard to read.  I'll have to go back to the
drawing/drafting board on that one.  I also copied the little spine/side
of the packaging to put on the side of the jewel.

Now I have a very cool case for the greast DT bootleg ever!  I highly 
recommend it to everyone, so does eveyone else that owns it I'm sure!!

**************************************************************************
*   Jason Hartman     "I am the Killing Hand!"     email_address_removed   *
*                                                                        *
*  You're fighting the weight of the world,                              *
*  and no one can save you this time.                                    *
*  Close your eyes - you can find all you need in your mind.             * 
*                                                                        *
*                                       "Take the Time"  - Dream Theater *
**************************************************************************

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 09:46:27 -0500 (EDT)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: How to unsubscribe

Well, it looks like alot of people are starting to unsubscribe again,
and alot are doing it to the list...   If you want to unsubscribe (or
do any administrative work, such as changing to digest mode, you must
send your request to: email_address_removed

You must send the message with NO SUBJECT, with the body of the text
reading ONLY:

unsubscribe ytsejam

I am not sure, but including your .sig might not allow the listserv to
unsubscribe you, so please delete your .sig from the letter.  This is
the ONLY way to unsubscribe from the list.

-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|		   This world is spinning around me		       |
|		  This world is spinning without me		       |
|		    Every day sends future to past		       |
|	      Every breath leaves me one less to my last	       |
|	Dream Theater	    Pull Me Under	Images and Words       |
|	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
For info about Dream Theater, finger email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 04 Jul 1994 14:08:31 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: RE: DT and Ayn Rand

At the time of the I&W tour I asked Myung about the _Atlas Shrugged_ reference
and he told me he was a big Ayn Rand fan and decided to paraphrase the
part from the book. Apparently, it was no accident but It would have been
preferable for him to credit the author to keep it from looking like
plagiarism. 

email_address_removed
"I can hear the lies...
my foundation turns to mire...
accused misanthropist now...
hopeful signs from a distance chance...
create a psychic fire...
that burns, and drags me down... i must carry pain forever more..." Inferno

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 14:41:50 -0500 (EDT)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: Looking For Trades

Well, things seem to be slowing down, so I though that I'd post this
now...  I am looking for trades of rare live tapes...  A trade of any
size is fine with me, as well as international trades of 5 or more
tapes.  I am interested in most hard rock and prog metal bands,
including (but not limited to) Dream Theater, Fates Warning,
Queensryche, Rush, Pearl Jam, Van Halen, Satriani, Vai, Aerosmith,
Coverdale/Page, Tesla, STP as well as alot of others that fit the same
catagory.  Please reply directly to me (not to this digest) and send a
copy of your trade list.  I will reply with a copy of mine... 
-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|		   This world is spinning around me		       |
|		  This world is spinning without me		       |
|		    Every day sends future to past		       |
|	      Every breath leaves me one less to my last	       |
|	Dream Theater	    Pull Me Under	Images and Words       |
|	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
For info about Dream Theater, finger email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 17:06:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Andrew Cloninger <email_address_removed>
Subject: LATM

Hello there folks,

   I have to admit i dont know what the going rate for Live at the 
Marquee is, but i saw it in our local cheap CD place for 13.97 Is this 
the average going price, or should i snap it up as soon as possible?

Just checking,
Andrew

=Rimmer:=======================================================================
There are so many things that WE don't have an explaination for...the pyramids:
how did they move such massive pieces of stone without ...modern techonology?
=Lister: They had massive WHIPS, Rimmer,....massive, massive whips.

------------------------------

Date: Tue,  5 Jul 1994 00:51:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: SHIRTS And SHIT

Excerpts from mail: 4-Jul-94 SHIRTS And SHIT by email_address_removed 
> Just wondering-- I assume that Killing Hand and Fortune in Lies from LatM
> are on the first LP. Query: does the first singer do a better or worse job
> than LaBrie IYHO?  I like LaBrie's versions, and since I don't have the
> first LP, I can't picture anyone else singing it. Is the first album
> worth getting, or am I only setting myself up for disappointment in that it
> has a different singer (ie. he sucks)?  Thanks for the input!

Charlie Dominici isn't much of a singer...has none the energy and
emotion  of James's renditions of AFIL and TKH. IMO it's not worth
listening to those two songs on When Dream and Day Unite if you have
LATM.

However, the first album is well worth getting, as there are 6 other
tracks on it...Dominici can't hold a candle to LaBrie, and the
production is lousy, but the music is brilliant the whole way through.
It might take a little longer to grow on you than I&W, but it is Dream
Theater, and damn good. 

max
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if the band I'm in starts playing different tunes
You'll see me on the dark side of the moon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. I need a drummer, bad. Mail me for info.

oh yeah, and check out http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/sb7h/home

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 1994 02:01:56 -0500 (EST)
From: MARK JOHNS <email_address_removed>
Subject: unsubscribe

unsubscribe email_address_removed

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************