Subject: YTSEJAM digest 435
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433 (MARK JOHNS <email_address_removed>)
Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon (Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>)
Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433 (Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>)
Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon (email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh))
 (email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh))
Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon (email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee))
Re: RE : Favorite DT song ! (email_address_removed.de (Tilman Kuendgen))
Re: Guitar Players on the List... (email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee))
Awake in Digital? (email_address_removed (Mike Masi))
DT's new producers (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
Blind Melon (and more general thaan that) ("Jeff Boerio" <email_address_removed>)
Re: !? (email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt))
FRIEND DISSES DT ("TIMOTHY LODGE, POLITICAL SCIENCE '95" <email_address_removed>)
Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon (email_address_removed (Ben Piela))
Re: Favorite DT song (email_address_removed)
tabletures? (email_address_removed)
Re: IF YOU ORDERED A SHIRT...  (David E Nantais <email_address_removed>)
What band? (email_address_removed)
Re: Fave DT tune / Blind Melon (email_address_removed (Richard Toscano))
Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433 (email_address_removed)
Fates Warning on Massacre? (Paul Lapinski <email_address_removed>)
Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433 (email_address_removed)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 01:29:27 -0500 (EST)
From: MARK JOHNS <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433

unsubscribe email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 02:19:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon

About this whole BM knocking on DT thing, I read the article with John P. 
after BM critiqued/bashed the album, and he basically said " Oh that's 
too bad, becuase I actually like thier music...and if they don't like 
mine...Oh well" not in these exact words, but you get the idea...he 
really doesn't care...and frankly we all know who the Real Musicians are 
(without question!). So if some untalented guitarist wants to bash a 
virtuoso...let him...it'll just raise curiousity, and perhaps convert a 
few BM fans into DT fans (a welcome "Change Of Seasons" ). Later fellow 
DT fans, and don't bash someone else for their own taste...the guy likes 
DT...so let him listen to whatever else he wants. C-ya!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the circle of fifths, and the pattern of sharps and flats: 
If the alphabet continued as notes progressed (Using Major Key Sig's) (i.e
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, etc.) eventually the key of Z Major 
would have 4 sharps.                     

  			    email_address_removed
           ERIC MOEGLING:     
			    email_address_removed	
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 02:24:51 -0500 (CDT)
From: Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433

I have to agree...every time I listen to any DT song...I learn something 
new. I learned so much just by watching LiT, that it probably doubled my 
ability (guitar)...and watching Kevin play the keyboards just blew my 
mind. I'm really looking forward to Awake...another opportunity to learn 
from the best when it comes to musicianship...also, try using a pair of 
good headphones (prefeably a pair of SONY's the industry leader in 
headphones!) to listen to I&W the next time you listen to it, and listen 
to the details of the music, instead of the songs as a whole...there's a 
lot to be learned (or basically ignore the lyrics for once!). Later!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the circle of fifths, and the pattern of sharps and flats: 
If the alphabet continued as notes progressed (Using Major Key Sig's) (i.e
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, etc.) eventually the key of Z Major 
would have 4 sharps.                     

  			    email_address_removed
           ERIC MOEGLING:     
			    email_address_removed	
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 00:42:08 PDT
From: email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh)
Subject: Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon

Fuck Blind Melon... period...

-The Doc

-- 
#$%*#$*@   Real: email_address_removed + Virtual: email_address_removed    *@#$*@#$
*#$*@#$*  The Dream Theater Archives: ftp.netcom.com: /pub/drkhoe/dt   &*@#$*@$
**%^$#$%    WWW: "ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/drkhoe/www/dthome.html"     #$**@#*$
*$*$*$*#      Reality Enhancement Software - Engineering Reality       *$&#*#@$

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 00:55:38 PDT
From: email_address_removed (Dr. Mosh)
Subject: 

Well, with the recent posting of the article of Blind Melon ragging on
Dream Theater...  I really would like to walk up to those idiots and give
them a bloody nose, but that wouldn't change their ignorance level any...
so what do I do when confronted with these type of people?

#     #    #            #     #    #            #     #    #
#     #   # #           #     #   # #           #     #   # #
#     #  #   #          #     #  #   #          #     #  #   #
####### #     #         ####### #     #         ####### #     #
#     # #######         #     # #######         #     # #######
#     # #     #         #     # #     #         #     # #     #
#     # #     #         #     # #     #         #     # #     #

-The Doc

-- 
#$%*#$*@   Real: email_address_removed + Virtual: email_address_removed    *@#$*@#$
*#$*@#$*  The Dream Theater Archives: ftp.netcom.com: /pub/drkhoe/dt   &*@#$*@$
**%^$#$%    WWW: "ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/drkhoe/www/dthome.html"     #$**@#*$
*$*$*$*#      Reality Enhancement Software - Engineering Reality       *$&#*#@$

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 9:21:44 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee)
Subject: Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon

> And they hated:
> Always With Me Always With You - Joe Satriani

	I snap!  I loose it!  This is the greatest instrumental that the
Satch-meister has ever put together!!!  Cutting up DT is bad enough, but
this is the last straw...where the hell did I put that shotgun?  I think
I'll go Melon hunting...

Later!

Greg.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 10:54:41 +0200 (CDT)
From: email_address_removed.de (Tilman Kuendgen)
Subject: Re: RE : Favorite DT song !

Hallo Andreas, du schriebst in der YTSEJAM Mailinglist
 
> Hi there !
> 
> My favorite DT song is PULL ME UNDER from I&W, because it's the first DT
> song I ever listened to.
> 
> They played PULL ME UNDER in a radio show called 'HR3 - Hard'N'Heavy'
> (in Germany) and I liked this song right from the beginning. 
> It made me listen to IMAGES AND WORDS (a great album !) and WDADU.
> 
> Does anybody of the German readers of this mailing list have infos about
> other German radio shows that play progressive metal ?
> If so, please, send me some infos ! Thanks !
> 
> Andreas
> 

Kannst Du mir bitte mailen, wann und wo (Frequenz) diese 
Hard`n Heavy-Sendung ausgestrahlt wird, so was interessiert mich
naemlich schon laenger, ich bin bis jetzt aber leider noch nicht fuendig
geworden; falls Du schon Antworten auf obige Mail bekommen haben
solltest und weitere Sendungen kennst, die wuerden mich auch
interessieren...
Ich kenne leider keine...

Dank im voraus, Tilman, email_address_removed.de

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 9:13:35 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Greg "Big Brother" Lee)
Subject: Re: Guitar Players on the List...

> I too am a guitarist..and also an Ibanez Axeman (nothing else feels 
> right!!!). More talk would be cool, but kind of rude for those who don't 
> play...

	I don't think so...I don't mind shop talk on other instruments, be
it drums, keyboard or sax, as long as it has to do with DT!  That's what
this list is all about!

Later!

Greg.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:33:50 GMT
From: email_address_removed (Mike Masi)
Subject: Awake in Digital?

Not that it matters or anything, but does anyone know if the new album
will be recorded in digital?  Jus' wondering...

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 10:32:17 -0500 (EDT)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: DT's new producers

>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 13:02:20 -0500
>From: Mike Hutchinson <email_address_removed>
>Subject: DT's new producers
>
>Michael Burstin <email_address_removed> wrote:
>
>> They both started out as engineers (previous work includes Ozzy
>> Ozbourne's (sp) No More Tears
>
>Uh-oh.  That Ozzy album is one of the sludgier, more overdriven mixes
>I've heard.  I was hoping DT would go for a Ron St Germain-style production,
>everything clear in the mix, some ambient sound (especially on drums) but
>otherwise fairly dry.  Check out Living Colour's "Stain" or his couple of
>tracks on Bonham's "Mad Hatter" to see what I mean.  Anyhow, I hope Myung
>is audible this time.
>

Well, what I had said before (well, actually about the Heart CD that
they produced) is that with DT knowing how to make the music sound
good, they just need people who can make it sorta "record good" (I
know...  terrible English, but I don't know how else to put it...:).
They need to have producers who can get the sound recorded right, so
it can be mixed to sound as perfect as possible...  From what I hear
(and this is only what I hear...  I have no idea about how a CD is
recorded or mixed, etc...) the producers don't really do the mixing,
the sound engineers do... (correct me if I am wrong)...  In fact, they
are supposed to be doing the mixing for the CD in New York, rather
than in LA (where they are recording...)

>btw, Mike, sick info on the new album!  Are you talking directly to one of
>the guys in the band?

Sorta indirectly...  I know someone who knows someone who knows
someone... (well, not that many someone's, but you get the idea :)

-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|		   This world is spinning around me		       |
|		  This world is spinning without me		       |
|		    Every day sends future to past		       |
|	      Every breath leaves me one less to my last	       |
|	Dream Theater	    Pull Me Under	Images and Words       |
|	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
For info about Dream Theater, finger email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 07:41:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Jeff Boerio" <email_address_removed>
Subject: Blind Melon (and more general thaan that)

I would just like to remind everyone that Blind Melon and Dream Theater are
VERY different bands.  And with different playing styles come criticisms of
other playing styles that are foreign to them.  Just as Blind Melon don't
like DT's style of play, there are types of music that all of you don't
like and can't understand why record labels release this "shit".

So just because BM bashes DT, take it with the salt that's intended.

     - Jeff

-- 
Jeff Boerio            \\    URL: http://www.teleport.com/~boerio/
Systems Programmer      \\    You'll find other music  pages, summer 
Intel Corporation        \\    concert tour schedules, and lots of time- 
email_address_removed  //     wasting stuff.  Check it out!!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 17:18:43 MET
From: email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt)
Subject: Re: !?

> 
> 
> Hey FREAK!  What the hell did I do to you to deserve your reaction to my
> post? 

Well, if you could remind me what I said to you as response to what
message of yours i could tell you....by including for example.
Sorry, dont remember now, have quite a lot of traffic in my mailbox
these days and few time....
Freak
(   Alexander Reinelt from Munich/Germany
 )   email_address_removed    Alex_Reinelt@2:2480/66
(   fax: 49-89-689 18 71   mobile phone & tape: 49-171-622 03 40
 )  "...signal transmitted, message received..."  <rush>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 12:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: "TIMOTHY LODGE, POLITICAL SCIENCE '95" <email_address_removed>
Subject: FRIEND DISSES DT

Hello fellow ytsejammers! Recently I was discussing
how good Dream Theater are in all areas of musicianship.
I figure 99% of you will get a rise out of his response
when I praised DT as masters of their instruments and
the best thing since sliced bread...

check out the response and tell me what you think..

i think he's missed the whole point of DT.
-________________________________

.	Tim,

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 11:48:37 EDT
From: email_address_removed (Ben Piela)
Subject: Re: Fave DT tune/ Blind Melon

I remember that article and I remember the Blind Melon dudes hating the
Spin Doctors saying that the Spin Doctors play "happy" music.  I that is 
a silly statement.  Aside from the fact that I like the Spin Doctors and
that I think Eric Schenkman is a very good guitarist, I feel that the 
Blind Melon tune "No Rain" is in the same vein that most Spin Doctors tunes
are in.  So ... like ... what the f*%k??  

I think all them accomplished in that article was to prove that they are
complete assholes.

Ben Piela
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 14:08:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Favorite DT song

Mine is Another hand-the killing hand from Live at the Marquee.

I wrote to DT a couple months ago, asking them to make video with real (I
mean really real) dolby surround mode, not just like the one we could
listen from the CD I&W, which is I think only the stereo that can be
simulated to be played on simple dolby pro-logic and some leaking sound on
the other four channels. The fan club answered my letter, without saying
anything about the issue. I'm a little dissapointed. I hope they consider
this thing, so that the sound quality of their next video won't be that
bad.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 14:24:46 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: tabletures?

  Hi, I'm Max Gise(A.K.A  Nuclear ant)  I'm very interested in the tabs for
under a glass moon and to live forever.  If you have these, please e-mail.   

Thank you!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 14:14:43 CDT
From: David E Nantais <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: IF YOU ORDERED A SHIRT... 

Since I am new to the list, I was wondering if someone could fill me in on how
I could purchase a shirt, and what the design is.  Thanks.
BTW, I picked up a copy of the live CD at Best Buy for 15 bucks, so you guys
might want to check it out!  I am talking about live at the Marquee.  It sells
for about 25-30 bucks in most stores I have been to.
Since DT lists Kansas as one of their influences, I was wondering if any of 
you were Kansas fans and or members of the People of the South Wind mailing
list?
-Dave-
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 15:15:04 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: What band?

> These guys kick ass.....  I've known them since high school and > > have
played with them.  The sound is solid and full.  Buy the disc, > it'll be the
best 10 bucks you've spent in a while...

Hey nice try.  What band would we be talking about?  Magellen?  I love
guessing games.

Also, the two fuckheads from Big Melon were interviewed in Guitar World a
while back - an issue with Nuno on the cover.  They said something to the
effect that they were insulted that they had to appear in a guitar magazine
that didn't even feature a real guitar player on its cover.  Dickweeds.

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:44:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: email_address_removed (Richard Toscano)
Subject: Re: Fave DT tune / Blind Melon

>> Now, I read in a guitar magazine interview w/ Petrucci that one of the
>> guitarists from Blind Melon, when played PMU in a "Listening Room"-type
>> article, went off on how shitty Petrucci was and gave a long harangue
>> culminating in the statement "That kind of playing is just stupid."  So
>> there are two issues I have to address:
>> 1.  There will be no talk of Blind Melon unless it is to express your
>> undying contempt!
>> 2.  does anybody know exactly what the Blind Melon guy said?  i only read
>> the above summary about it, but never saw his actual statements.  I would
>> like to know exactly what he said so I can adjust my scorn to the proper
>> level.
>>
> Ill withold comment untill someone posts facts and not heresay
>based on summary until then it would appreciated if all flames
>were also witheld from the newsgroup seeing as we already get off
>track enough.
>
>
>--
>"What do you think they would say, if I stood up, and I walked away? Nobody
> here really understands me."
>                                    -----Blind Melon-----
>
>Aaron

Hey Scooter -
A.  It wasn't heresay - I read the summary of the article myself in the same
magazine that printed the original article.
B.  This is not "off track" - it is a discussion about Dream Theater.
C.  It doesn't look to me like you withheld comment.
D.  You can go ahead and feel stupid now that someone has posted a transcript
of the "non-factual" article.

-- 
           /\    		Rich Toscano              
          /  \            email_address_removed
         /  \ \       -Guitarist of little or no note   
        / ___\ \      -Evolver of supra-genius neural net creatures
       / / _____\     -San Diego Supercomputer Consultant
      /_/________\          "Ook" - Safe Chib

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 17:20:49 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433

unsubscribe email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 17:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paul Lapinski <email_address_removed>
Subject: Fates Warning on Massacre?

Sorry for the non-Dream Theater content, but could someone in Europe
confirm that Fates Warning's new album is being distributed over there by
Massacre Records.  I am very curious.  Just e-mail me.  Thanks.

Paul Lapinski (INFERNO)
email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 18:12:36 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: #1(2) YTSEJAM digest 433

for the third time....

please unsubscribe me!  Since I can't seem to get this thing in digest form
ONLY, it ties up my mail system too badly to get it.  So again....

unsubscribe email_address_removed

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************