Subject: YTSEJAM digest 428
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
Who's on first? (James Peele <email_address_removed>)
Re: Dream Theater - NEW ALBUM!!!! (email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt))
Re: Who's on first? (email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt))
New Fates (Pat Daugherty <pdaugher@bdmserver>)
Re: Dream Theater - NEW ALBUM!!!! (SANBORNE%email_address_removed)
Re: YTSEJAM digest 412 (Stone <email_address_removed>)
Re: Magellan (email_address_removed)
LA Radio tape (email_address_removed)
NEW ALBUM - *DETAILED* INFORMATION - PLEASE READ (email_address_removed (The Alchemist))
ACOS ???? (email_address_removed)
LOS (Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>)
new dt album (hartman larry <email_address_removed>)
Re: ACOS ???? (Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 03:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: James Peele <email_address_removed>
Subject: Who's on first?

I was just wondering how many of you folks started liking DT before I&W
actually came out?  I know there are a few of us (hello paul - Remember
hearing I&W the week before it was released? - What a sensation!)

(sorry to post this on the list) - Olin from UFL please email me (I lost
your address) and I'll send you the INFERNO update you wanted... Did I
meet you after the DT show where we opened?  I think I remember talking
with you about the WD&DU album.

"Until later..."  NP
Jay Peele (INFERNO)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 10:50:23 MET
From: email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt)
Subject: Re: Dream Theater - NEW ALBUM!!!!

> 
> Release is scheduled for some time in October!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I dont think I can accept this october thing.........
Can't we do anything for that they release in august-sept?

c u Freak

(   Alexander Reinelt from Munich/Germany
 )   email_address_removed    Alex_Reinelt@2:2480/66
(   fax: 49-89-689 18 71   mobile phone & tape: 49-171-622 03 40
 )  "...signal transmitted, message received..."  <rush>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 12:12:54 MET
From: email_address_removed (Alex Reinelt)
Subject: Re: Who's on first?

> 
> I was just wondering how many of you folks started liking DT before I&W
> actually came out?  I know there are a few of us (hello paul - Remember
> hearing I&W the week before it was released? - What a sensation!)

Well, those were the days, when in the late 88's came out WDADU and got
famous critics on some german hardrock magazines - and as I had a chance
these days of getting a disc for free, I took a chance on this one and
were quickly caught by "A fortune in lies", especially the change in the
tempi and rhythm in the beginning was very interesting to me, I like
this complex stuff from the first second on. Well, this was just as I
went over Marienplatz, the centre of munich, it was raining and I must
have had WDADU in my discman, cause I was listening to it already when I
came from the store and went to the Underground. And, as I mentioned, as
it was raining this should have gone very well with the raining at the
beginning of uh I think it was the ones who help to set the sun? Dont
know for sure....must admit.....however, boy were I surprised and happy
when I&W came finally out. Many people in germany expected the second
release of DT with a lot of tension, because the seemed to be the most
interesting newcomers at the time...now....now they should no more be
called newcomers. And I&W lasted in my discman/car-shuffler as long as
no other before...maybe Rush power Windows or SAGA Silent Knight got a
similar reception some yeary before, but I was surprised how much I got
from this music between 1992 and now. Almost 2 years have I spent living
nearly every day with I&W. Now I must admit Im a bit fed up, has
something to do wuith the lots of boots i now own and that I just need a
change. But I&W is definitly and important part of my life, my
reflections, my emotions, my thinking and feeling. Thats the reason why
I hope that the next album will give me as much colour, power and
strenght (and will not be too much in a heavier direction) like I&W gave
me in 1992, then 1993 and a very big bit ind 1994 also....

check your head, boys (and girls of course also....)

Freak

(   Alexander Reinelt from Munich/Germany
 )   email_address_removed    Alex_Reinelt@2:2480/66
(   fax: 49-89-689 18 71   mobile phone & tape: 49-171-622 03 40
 )  "...signal transmitted, message received..."  <rush>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 08:35:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pat Daugherty <pdaugher@bdmserver>
Subject: New Fates

Hey Till 'Tillroy' Wagner <email_address_removed.de>

How about listing the song titles for the new one?

And lose the .sig. On my mail reader and I am sure many other's
it is 30 lines long. Just a tad annoying.

Pat Daugherty             email_address_removed
"Every breath leaves me one less to my last" --Dream Theater
"That is not an option, Mr. Mulder" --X-Files

------------------------------

Date: 16 JUN 94 10:26   
From: SANBORNE%email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Dream Theater - NEW ALBUM!!!!

        YES!!!!  More info on the new album!!  Thanks to whoever
reported it.   But I just have one little question bugging me --
what's your source?  Is all this (including what's in the FAQL)
confirmed?

> New album entitled _Awake_
> The song titles are as follows:
>  ....
> Release is scheduled for some time in October!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Garrett M. Sanborne                  Internet:
   A Series Support        sanborne%email_address_removed
   Tredy A29/C - 648-4438           email_address_removed
                                    email_address_removed

             == The above opinions are mine alone ==
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 10:26:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stone <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: YTSEJAM digest 412

> 
> Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 23:15:11 -0500 (EDT)
> From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
> Subject: New CD
> 
> Well, I don't know if this is good news or bad news, or even true
> news, but I saw a post on AOL stating that the new release date for
> the new CD is Sept 20.  
> I sure hope it is sooner!!!  I need some new DT!!!
> 
Here's the update from info central: The word from the inner sanctum is 
that the new album "AWAKE" is due out on October 4th worldwide. Word also 
has it that the band have outdone themselves and can't wait to take on 
Queensryche head to head at the local record shop. Sounds like a little 
friendly competition to me!

Stone

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 11:24:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Magellan

	Since I had a few requests for the information on the Magellan
CDs, I thought I'd just post it...
	Unfortunately, both albums are pretty expensive.  Since I like
both albums very much I'd say buy the least expensive one first.  :-)
They are both pretty similar in style and if you like one you'll most
likely enjoy both.  If they're the same price maybe go for "Hour of
Restoration" since it is their first album.
	Usually the UK or European version is cheaper than the 
Japanese version, so try to find that first.  
	Good luck and let me know if you find it!  

				Steve

----------------------------------------

Of Sound Mind -- in Baltimore, MD -- (410) 529-7082

	When I was last at this store, they had the Japanese version
of "Hour of Restoration".  You can probably call them and maybe order 
the UK version.  Tell Chris Lamka that I pointed you to them.  :-)
	BTW, Of Sound Mind has access to all kinds of cool progressive
music, so they're a great place to try if you need to order something
that's hard to find.  I just ordered the Enchant CD there.

ABCD -- (914) 939-2223

	Can get "Impending Ascension" and "Hour of Restoration"

UK 	-- $22		for "Hour..."
Japan 	-- $29-30	for "Impending..."

	When I got a CD from them they charged a large fee for
the special order (I think it was about $10).  You may want to ask
to see what the final price will be.

Grand Rapids Compact Disc -- (616) 247-1707

	Is supposed to be getting in "Impending Ascension" soon. 

Audiophile Imports -- (410) 628-7601

	Japan -- $29.99  for "Hour..."  or "Impending..."

	Recommended against ordering from the UK since they are 
small labels and can be unreliable.

CD Bar -- (800) 663-1616

	Japan -- $35   for "Impending..."
	North America -- $18-$19 for "Hour..."
	
	Will take 3-4 weeks to get it and ship it.

HMV -- (617) 868-9696

	Didn't have Magellan when I called last time, but often does 
	have great prices for things.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 21:57:20 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: LA Radio tape

What makes me think that the tape of this radio show is going to be the
hottest property under the sun for the next three months?

If you get a tape of it, don't tease the rest of us by saying you've got it
unless you're willing to share.

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 11:10:07 MDT
From: email_address_removed (The Alchemist)
Subject: NEW ALBUM - *DETAILED* INFORMATION - PLEASE READ

I just read this off of the Bottom Line Digest #567...  I hope this 
information is correct. =]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 12:45:17 -0500
From: CNotes <email_address_removed>
Subject: Dream Theater - NEW ALBUM!!!!

Hey, dig this!  The Dream Theater album is entitled _Awake_

The song titles are as follows:

	Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
	Innocence Faded
	Space Dye Vest
	Caught In A Web
	Lie
	6:00
	The Mirror
	A Mind Beside Itself
		Erotomania
		Voices
		The Silent Man
	Scarred

Release is scheduled for some time in October!!!!!!!!!!!!

**********************************************************************
The Mother Station * For Love Not Lisa * King's X *  Dream Theater
Pavement * Collective Soul * B-Tribe * Cyrus Chestnut * Julian Joseph
Brand New Heavies.......Ah, the sounds of Spring!
**********************************************************************

------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Alchemist                                                    Anthony Chavez
email_address_removed                                Salt Lake Community College
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 19:52:35 EDT
From: email_address_removed
Subject: ACOS ????

This might sound kind of dumb, but is ACoS more WDADUish or is it more like
the tunes on I & W.  I want to know before I shell out the bucks for DoE -
I'd really just be getting it for ACoS.  I really prefer the I & W-type sound
and compositions.

Also, is it even remotely possible that the 20 minute track on the upcoming
album is ACoS with different lyrics?  Nah, probably not.

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 23:31:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: Eric Moegling <email_address_removed>
Subject: LOS

I screwed up!!!!! I can get LORDS OF SOUND but not for $25 bucks...I 
forgot it was a 2CD set...so this will actually cost $50 initially, plus 
about $2.50 shipping. Sorry for the screw up!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the circle of fifths, and the pattern of sharps and flats: 
If the alphabet continued as notes progressed (Using Major Key Sig's) (i.e
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, etc.) eventually the key of Z Major 
would have 4 sharps.                     

  			    email_address_removed
           ERIC MOEGLING:     
			    email_address_removed	
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 01:00:25 -0500 (EDT)
From: hartman larry <email_address_removed>
Subject: new dt album

I would really like to know where the folks got there info about the new
album _Awake_.  BTW - What the hell is "Space Dye Vest".  That sounds really
dumb.

Please don't flame me on this but I just got the new Spin Doctors CD.
I like them, ok?  Thats not the point.
In side in the liner notes it told you about a Spin Doctors internet mailing
list and told you how to subscribe to it.  Cool.  If anyone cares its
email_address_removed .   I think you are supposed to put "info" in the
subject or the body.   I would be cool if DT had something like this.
I guess they won't because the Ytsejam isn't offical.   

**************************************************************************
*   Jason Hartman     "I am the Killing Hand!"     email_address_removed   *
*                                                                        *
*  You're fighting the weight of the world,                              *
*  and no one can save you this time.                                    *
*  Close your eyes - you can find all you need in your mind.             * 
*                                                                        *
*                                       "Take the Time"  - Dream Theater *
**************************************************************************

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 01:14:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stephen Bajzek <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ACOS ????

Excerpts from mail: 16-Jun-94 ACOS ???? by email_address_removed 
> This might sound kind of dumb, but is ACoS more WDADUish or is it more like
> the tunes on I & W.  I want to know before I shell out the bucks for DoE -
> I'd really just be getting it for ACoS.  I really prefer the I & W-type sound
> and compositions.

Sort of in the middle. A lot of the classical feel of WDADU (the
arpeggioes and such) with more of the dynamics of I&W...

> 
> Also, is it even remotely possible that the 20 minute track on the upcoming
> album is ACoS with different lyrics?  Nah, probably not.

No, I don't think so.

max
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No no no, you don't understand...when I'm here, at night, alone, this
world is mine...reality conforms to what I want it to be. If I say
something is cool, then it is. And in my world, hanging upside down like
a bat is not just cool, it's practically heroism.

p.s. I need a drummer, bad. Mail me for info.

oh yeah, and check out http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/sb7h/home

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************