Subject: YTSEJAM digest 265
From: email_address_removed
To: Multiple recipients of list <email_address_removed>

Contents:
"Live at the Marquee" CD's (James=Utz%Mech%PCPD=email_address_removed)
Symbol (Matthew T Pulver <[email-masked]>)
Re: First Album Covers (email_address_removed)
Re: matter of time tab (email_address_removed)
Re: Live Dream Theater (email_address_removed)
reoccuring themes (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
Eve...another time (Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>)
Re: DT Sign ([email-masked])
Stuff ("Michael E. Patrick" <email_address_removed>)
subscribe (BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>)
Re: First Album Covers ("Paul W. Cashman" <email_address_removed>)
Re: Dominici (email_address_removed (Steve Mansfield))

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu,  9 Dec 93 13:01:11 CST
From: James=Utz%Mech%PCPD=email_address_removed
Subject: "Live at the Marquee" CD's

Both the used and the new "Live at the Marquee" CD's have been sold.

Thanks,
James

------------------------------

Date: Thu,  9 Dec 1993 15:08:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Matthew T Pulver <[email-masked]>
Subject: Symbol

The symbol that appears on the cds is supposedly a make-up of all of the
letters in 'Dream Theater'.  If you look closely, this can be true.  I
myself, just like to look at it as a REALLY cool, funky design.

As for James smiling, yeah, I saw him at the 'new music seminar' in NY. 
As a matter of fact he even seemed to enjoy himself.  It was pretty
funny, I remember him blushing when a girl got on stage, gave him a hug,
kiss, and flowers, and then jumped back into the crowd right before the
security guy could get her.  After the show, Mike Portney did a Nestea
Plunge into the crowd, then he rode it for awhile.  That was pretty cool.

About Dominicci, I heard that the band thought that he was a real d**k. 
He was really into himself, and they even made him warm up in a seperate
room before shows, or something like that.

Hey Mike, I got the tapes-thanx a lot.  The drawing for the hockey stick
went to # 798.  there'll be random drawings for other prizes in a few
days.  I might be gone by then, so I wont be able to find out if you won
anything.  Thanx for buying the raffle tix, sorry you didn't win.

Matt Pulver.   

GO ISLANDERS.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 93 15:53:13 EST
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: First Album Covers

If you're having trouble finding When Dream and Day Unite, go to Best Buy.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 93 15:58:32 EST
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: matter of time tab

Do these tablatures affect the speed of the notes?  I think I remember
someone saying that they were all 16th notes with a couple of 32nd notes?  Is
this correct?  

Thanks in advance!

email_address_removed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 93 15:56:16 EST
From: email_address_removed
Subject: Re: Live Dream Theater

RE: Ordering?

> Skyway of Nightmares 1CD
> Consciously Unreal 2CD
> The Dance of Eternity 2CD
>
>I saw these on an ordering list and am considering buying one.  
>If anyone has any input on these I'd appreciate it, rough >spending $42 for
a double not knowing the recording quality 
>of the CD.  

Where in the world did you find such an ordering list?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 15:45:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: reoccuring themes

I was just listening to DT (what else) and can't believe that I have
not thought of this before.  There are some reoccuring themes
throughout I&W.  The one thatI just thought of right now is seeing and
blindness.  

Surrounded:  I once could see, but now at last I'm blind
Take The Time: I can see much clearer now, I'm blind

Anyone else pick up on any of these and think about them.  Also any
others that you know of...???

Just a few random thoughs :)

(BTW, I finally got my promo CD.  Notice it is an American promo from
a UK CD and they even say it.  I now have the full LaTM (Japan +
Surrounded :)!!! )

-- 
************************************************************************
* I was told there's a miricle for each day that I try                 *
* I was told there's a new love that's born for each one that has died *
* I was told there'd be no one to call on when I feel alone and afraid *
* I was told if you dream of the next world                            *
* You'll find yourself swimming in a lake of fire                      *
*	Dream Theater	Metropolis (part 1)	Images and Words       *
*	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       *
************************************************************************
*  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens *
************************************************************************
	email_address_removed
(for more info on Dream Theater, a list of Steven Wright jokes, and the
the master list of pickup lines, start your screen capture and finger me)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 19:47:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael Burstin <email_address_removed>
Subject: Eve...another time

Hi there, I just got a new bootleg today (from Brian Cox) from San
Francisco and another one from Deer Parks, NY.

Well, I was just watching the San Francisco show, and that too as the
intro to Pull Me Under (from DoE) labeled as Eve.  This time though,
it is before Learning to Live in the encore.  This is at least a
second occurance of this song being labeled as Eve.  (BTW, this time,
there are no lyrics, it is only instrumental)

-- 
************************************************************************
* I was told there's a miricle for each day that I try                 *
* I was told there's a new love that's born for each one that has died *
* I was told there'd be no one to call on when I feel alone and afraid *
* I was told if you dream of the next world                            *
* You'll find yourself swimming in a lake of fire                      *
*	Dream Theater	Metropolis (part 1)	Images and Words       *
*	Michael Burstin			     Brandeis University       *
************************************************************************
*  Let's Go Pens   Let's Go Pens	 Lets Go Pens	 Let's Go Pens *
************************************************************************
	email_address_removed
(for more info on Dream Theater, a list of Steven Wright jokes, and the
the master list of pickup lines, start your screen capture and finger me)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 17:15:09 -0800 (PST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: DT Sign

> 
> >Anybody out there knows what the DT sign is all about? I'm talking
> >about the scripture thing appearing on the bed on the
> >I&W cover 
> 
> 
> Someone explained this earlier...
> One thing more that should go into the FAQ, likely.
> 
> It had something to do with a symbol for some royal house,
> or some such, if I recalll right.
> 
i thougth it was just all the leters in "MAJESTY" put on top of each other.
the overlapping of the letters makes the symbols. that's what someone told me.

------------------------------

Date: 09 Dec 93 21:58:04 EST
From: "Michael E. Patrick" <email_address_removed>
Subject: Stuff

I hope that post about James leaving the stage doesn't mean he's starting 
to act up.  Call it a hunch, but I don't think the guys in DT will put up 
with any shit like GnR puts up with Axl's shitty little tantrums.

One note on performer's attitude towards the audience - the first band I 
ever saw up close and personal was Rush, and it really blew me away (and 
not in a good sense) that they, while looking at the crowed, are in fact 
REALLY spacing out and concentrating a lot of the time.  From several 
hundred feet back it looks like they're making serious eye contact, but 
most of the time, those eyes are glassy from concentration.  SO LAY OFF 
JAMES!!!!!

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 21:47:53 -0700 (MST)
From: BERTAPELLE  ADAM RAYE <email_address_removed>
Subject: subscribe

subscribe <ystejam> <Adam Bertapelle>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 00:51:37 -0800 (PST)
From: "Paul W. Cashman" <email_address_removed>
Subject: Re: First Album Covers

> If you're having trouble finding When Dream and Day Unite, go to Best Buy.

Amazing, isn't it?  They had 12 copies each of maybe 20 SF movie
titles in their video section.......yet they have a surprisingly good
selection of CDs.  I found a Hawkwind CD there that not even Tower
Records has had in six months.  $11 for an import, they HAD to take a
loss on it.

-- 
Paul W. Cashman          | Before the leaves have fallen
email_address_removed           | Before we lock the doors
Dream Theater  ------->  | There must be the third and last dance
"Metropolis Pt 1"        | ...This one will last forever...

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 08:14:21 -0500 (EST)
From: email_address_removed (Steve Mansfield)
Subject: Re: Dominici

> > > 	How do we know they dumped Dominici? Perhaps he left on his own?
> > > What about Chris Collins? Anyone know EXACTLY what happened, we want to
> > > include it in the dt.faql.Z....
> > 
> > We know because the band has *said* they dumped him.  According to Mike
> > there were personality conflicts, partially due to the age difference
> > between him and the rest of the band, such that they asked him to leave
> > the band.
> 
> 	Well, who said it? I just want to be accurate when I note it in
> the FAQL...
> Mike

Quoting myself just above:

> > We know because the band has *said* they dumped him.  According to Mike
							  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This would be Mike Portnoy.  This has been quoted in a couple interviews,
and he said this to me personally as well.

Steve Mansfield  | Once you're touched you stand alone to face the bitter fight
email_address_removed | Once I reached for love but now I reach for life.
Dream Theater - Learning to Live

------------------------------
End of Digest
************************